Fire Incident Investigation
We conduct fire investigation with following objective:
- Determination of fire origin;
- Determination of fire cause(s) at origin;
- Determination of fire development (i.e. fire spread, fire extent and fire protection).
- Fire investigation
Our experts are able to investigate different fire incidents. Scientific method is our basis for any failure analysis / forensic investigation. We conduct fire investigation by reviewing background information, incident site inspection, lab analysis of selected representative samples, and rigorous logical inference.
We determine fire origin according to received background information (e.g., witness reports, photographs, videos, alarm system activities, etc.), fire patterns of the incident site, arc mapping at incident site, and fire dynamics.
We identify the cause(s) of fire at origin through identification of the 1st fuel ignited, heat source, oxidant (usually air), and ignition sequence.
We analyze the fire development considering type and amount of combustible materials, air flow, structure of the fire site, fire protection system’s activities, etc.
- Training service
For our investigated fire incidents, majority of them were electrical related fire incidents. We provide following train course:
- Common electrical heat sources for fire incidents and proactive inspection methods of possible electrical heat sources.
- Technical support in insurance claim or Expert Witness service in court case
If a fire incident is related to insurance claim or court case, we can provide technical support service or expert witness service accordingly.
- We can conduct fire investigation;
- We can review and comment on other parties’ investigation reports;
- We give our professional opinions based on facts / sound evidences discovered by scientific method, scientific theories / principles, and industry common practices.
Our experts have experiences in providing technical support service for insurance claims and expert witness service in court cases. Our experts have given testimony in court trials both in Singapore and overseas.