Fuel Fired Power Generation Industry
- Failure analysis / forensic investigation
Our experts are able to handle failure analysis / forensic investigation projects in fuel-fired power generation industry, which covers boiler system, steam turbine system, electricity generation system, etc.
- Condition assessment
Considering the service conditions (i.e. high temperature, high pressure, risk of water side corrosion, risk of fire side corrosion and/or erosion, building up of scales and/or soot, etc.), there are lots of potential failure modes / failure mechanisms in a fuel-fired power plant. Therefore, conducting condition assessment periodically is necessary and compulsory as per international standards and / or industry codes.
We provide risk-based condition assessment service based on our experiences of failure analysis / forensic investigation of fuel-fired power plant failures, incidents / accidents.
We provide following training courses:
- Evaluation of microstructure change in boiler tubes;
- On-site surface replication metallographic examination technique;
- Common failure modes / mechanisms (e.g., short-term overheating, long-term overheating, water side corrosion, fire side corrosion and/or erosion, corrosion fatigue, thermal fatigue, pitting corrosion, stress corrosion cracking, etc.) in fuel-fired power generation industry.
- Technical support in insurance claim or Expert Witness service in court case
If a failure, incident / accident in fuel-fired power plant is related to insurance claim or court case, we can provide technical support service or expert witness service accordingly.
- We can conduct failure analysis / forensic investigation;
- We can review and comment on other parties’ investigation reports;
- We give our professional opinions based on facts / sound evidences discovered by scientific method, scientific theories / principles, and industry common practices.
Our experts have experiences in providing technical support service for insurance claims and expert witness service in court cases. Our experts have given testimony in court trials both in Singapore and overseas.
OSKEFER Materials Engineering LLP
7 Temasek Boulevard
#12-07 Suntec Tower One
Tel: +65 83286943