Expert Witness Service
- What is expert witness?
“An expert witness is generally defined as someone with sufficient skill, knowledge, or experience in a given filed so as to be capable of drawing inferences or reaching conclusions or opinions that an average person would not be competent to reach.” (NPFA 921)
- What is expert witness service in an engineering failure, incident or accident?
An investigator who is engaged as an expert witness by either Plaintiff or Defendant in a litigation matter. The expert witness gives his / her professional opinions regarding the facts, findings, and causes (supported by sound evidences and logical reasoning) of an engineering failure, incident or accident.
- What is the duty of an expert witness?
Although an expert witness is appointed by either Plaintiff or Defendant, the duty of an expert witness is to assist the Court on the matters within his / her expertise; and this duty overrides any obligation to the person from whom the expert witness has received instructions or by whom the expert witness is paid.
- What are the requirements of an expert witness?
- The expert witness must be objective and unbiased. The expert witness must be able to consider all relevant factors in an investigation and in forming of opinions; and be able to identify “distorted” information given by the client and/or other parties.
- The expert witness must be a qualified professional in the relevant engineering field(s). Skill, knowledge and experience of him / her must be above the average level of engineers in the relevant engineering field(s).
- Expert evidence of the expert witness shall be given in a written report signed by the expert. Format and content of the report shall comply with requirements, i.e. Rules of Court, Order 40A, r. 3.
- Who we are?
- Our experts are qualified professions with professional engineer qualification recognized internationally.
- Our experts are experienced in forensic investigation of engineering failures, incidents or accidents based on scientific method.
- Our experts’ opinions are supported by facts, sound evidences, rigorous logical reasoning and scientific principles.
- What we can offer?
- We can provide forensic investigation service in an engineering failure, incident or accident; and provide expert witness service.
- We can help the client to review other parties’ report(s), give comments on it; and provide expert witness service.
- We can help the client and the client’s attorney to understand the technical disputes clearly and precisely.